As part of program, company will provide
45 job opportunities in Lyon area
XPO, a leading provider of innovative and sustainable end-to-end logistics solutions across Europe, is participating in the second Employment and Discovery Forum to help young people build meaningful careers. Taking place in Lyon on Thursday 12 October, the forum aims to introduce young people to professions in the transport and logistics sectors, providing workshops and recruitment opportunities. It is organised by the association Sport dans la Ville, which helps young people from disadvantaged urban areas integrate in the workforce, in partnership with the AFT (Association for the development of professional transport and logistics training), AFTRAL and Promotrans.
At the event, XPO will make available 45 open positions, ranging from work-study to fixed-term or open-ended contracts, and from operational to support functions. Openings include positions in pilot administrative processes, solution design, project management, IT project manager, driver, operator and others.
Gaëlle Provensal-Raoux, human resources director - France, XPO Logistics, said: "This second forum, building on the success of the first one, reinforces our commitment to this community where we live and work. Our partnership with Sport Dans La Ville underscores our opposition to all forms of discrimination and our commitment to inclusion, which is at the heart of our corporate values. We believe that diversity is a strength for XPO and are working to make XPO an employer of choice, including welcoming new employees to our sites from the local community."
As with Sport dans la Ville, XPO Logistics is working with local associations to encourage the recruitment of people who are experiencing difficulty finding employment and/or come from disadvantaged communities. This initiative is part of the Diversity Charter, signed by XPO Logistics in France in 2021 and is still in force. As part of this, XPO is committed to reinforcing inclusion in its corporate culture, including in the training of its recruitment teams. For example, all XPO Logistics positions in France are accessible to people with disabilities.
The Employment and Discovery Forum includes workshops from 2pm to 6pm, focusing on:
- Discussions between junior and senior employees, with testimonials from representatives of various departments (sales, operations, IT, etc.) and of XPO's different business sectors (pallet distribution, full truckload transport, logistics, maintenance, etc.)
- Training, with the participation of AFTRAL, Promotrans and AFT, and workshops such as a truck driving simulator.
- Exchanging information on career opportunities, through a "job dating" event with the XPO human resources team.
- Providing entertaining workshops on professions, such as a:
- “Drivers” workshop: presentation and tour of an electric truck, and discussions with drivers and trainers.
- “Safety" workshop: drug and alcohol awareness session with simulation goggles. Card games on best practices and safety rules.
- “Maintenance" workshop: demonstration and presentation of the maintenance profession.
About Sport dans la Ville Rhône-Alpes event
Address: 15 Quai de la Gare d'Eau