XPO Logistics, a leading provider of freight transportation services, has opened a new cross-dock hub near Caen for the distribution of less-than-truckload (LTL) palletised loads. Strategically located in Castine-en-Plaine, the 2,700-square-metre site serves customers in the departments of Calvados (14), Manche (50) and Orne (61).
Emmanuel Mongnot, managing director – France, XPO Logistics, said, "We are delighted to announce the expansion of our LTL network in Normandy to support the growth objectives of our customers. Our new Caen site is ideally positioned to move high volumes of freight efficiently to their destinations, and offers additional land for future expansion."
Highlights of the new facility include:
- Palletized load distribution services for market-leading companies in the textile, retail, automotive, cosmetics, industrial and chemical sectors
- 29 freight docks to accommodate up to 90,000 deliveries per year
- A base of more than 30 employees, including professional drivers, dockworkers, supervisors and customer sales representatives
- A safety-focused and inclusive workplace that encourages employees to be proactive in continuously improving operations
- Energy-efficient site design in compliance with the French Réglementation Thermique 2012 (RT2012) standard, equipped with 100% LED lighting, charging stations for electric vehicles and photovoltaic roof panels
XPO is the leading provider of LTL palletised solutions in France, serving 4,500 customers with nationwide coverage and completing approximately four million deliveries per year. The company’s LTL network of 30 integrated sites includes more than 134,700 square metres of facility space, including over 117,000 square metres of docks. Professional drivers make about 600 linehaul runs per night and cover over 1,200 routes per day in France.