XPO Logistics Opens New Less-Than-Truckload Hub near Marseille To Expand Domestic and International Service
Noticias | Lyon, France | 21 de Abril de 2022
XPO Logistics, a leading provider of freight transportation services, has opened a strategic less-than-truckload (LTL) hub in Vitrolles, at the heart of economic activity in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. The platform will distribute palletized loads for leading companies in the textile, automotive, cosmetics, industrial and chemical sectors, amongst others. XPO is the largest provider of LTL transport in France.
The 4,500 square meter hub has 46 docks to manage up to 700 deliveries per day. An additional plot is reserved for future expansion to 6,000 square meters. The site is strategically located 15 km from Marseille, 5 km from the Marseille-Provence airport, and close to the A7 motorway — ideally positioned to accelerate XPO´s regional LTL development and international reach. XPO will also use the hub to expand its “last mile” service, which specialises in delivering heavy and bulky products to consumers’ homes.
Bruno Kloeckner, managing director – France, XPO Logistics, said: "We are excited to expand our LTL network in the south of France to support the demand for our services. Our strategic choice of Vitrolles adds significant distribution capabilities close to our customers’ markets. This is a fast-growing region, and the hub will shorten the length of our nightly distribution runs by 35 minutes on average."
Other highlights of the hub include:
- team of 75 trained employees, including 39 professional drivers, 18 dock workers, and a customer sales and service team
- An inclusive, safety-focused workplace that encourages continuous improvement
- Accessibility-compliant premises with elevator access
- BREEAM-certified, energy-efficient facility design
- 100% LED lighting, sensor-automated to adjust to ambient light and activity
- Charging stations for electric vehicles
- Photovoltaic panels covering more than half of the roof surface
XPO‘s LTL network in France serves approximately 4,500 customers with nationwide coverage. Professional drivers make approximately four million deliveries per year, including 600 nighttime hauls per day. The company's LTL network in France has 30 fully integrated sites with a total of about 135,000 square meters, including more than 1,400 docks.