XPO, a leading provider of innovative and sustainable transportation and logistics solutions in Europe, has announced the opening of a new logistics platform in Arnas in the Rhône department to absorb the increasing volumes of activity in XPO's facilities in Andrézieux (42), Jonage (69) and Cuisery (71). It was chosen for its equipment to meet the needs of a growing number of customers: a surface area of 3,220 m2 including 2,660 m2 of storage, a cross-dock and 29 dock doors in total.
The new site will strengthen XPO's palletized distribution network, known for its strong territorial coverage. It will also contribute to intensifying the distribution of products in the region, for customers in the automotive, healthcare, construction, specialized retail and e-commerce sectors. As XPO's entire LTL network is 100% ADR* compliant, the transport of dangerous goods will be another area of development for the site: industrial, pharmaceutical or everyday products (cleaning products, insecticides, chlorine for swimming pools, gas cylinders, etc.).
Last mile deliveries of heavy and bulky goods can be made by an electric truck that is particularly well suited to urban areas and Low Emission Zones. This silent truck operates without direct CO2 emissions and without fine particle pollution. XPO’s Last Mile service in France offers complete geographic coverage for deliveries to homes and businesses through its national less-than-truckload (LTL) distribution network.
Assets of the site:
- A strategic geographical location, close to the A6 highway.
- An operational team of 20 employees, including 3 drivers and 10 dock workers who will take care of about 180 daily deliveries.
- A 19-ton electric truck and its charging station, as part of the company’s investment in 100 electric vehicles from Renault Trucks in France.
- By the end of June, photovoltaic panels covering the entire roof for self-generated energy consumption. Other XPO facilities have photovoltaic roofs and the Arnas one will be the first to test self-consumption.
- Additional equipment will be added to these panels for the site's BREEAM certification: double charging station for light vehicles, bicycle shelter and changing rooms with showers, nesting boxes, insect hotel, plants that thrive on local rainfall...
Frédéric Aziron, Director of Palletized Distribution and Last Mile – France, XPO, said: "Each opening of a new XPO distribution center is an opportunity for us to remind of the strength of our network and our expertise that serve our customers and our ambitions. Ensuring an excellent quality of service is one of our priorities, which is why we adapt our capacities to our customers' needs. Equipping our sites to meet the challenges of decarbonization of our activities is another of our drives and it is also a strong expectation of our customers."
XPO is the leading provider of LTL palletized solutions in France, currently serving 4,500 customers with national coverage and making about four million deliveries per year. The company's LTL network of 30 integrated sites includes more than 137,000 square meters of facilities. Professional drivers perform approximately 600 nighttime hauls and complete more than 1,200 tours per day in France.
* Agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by road.